Corporate Logistics Assistant
Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Corporate Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
Working within a new team to produce innovative ideas to shape the future of Aldi Logistics
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist and take responsibility for the successful delivery of projects within the Corporate Logistics Department; working efficiently and accurately to ensure that project governance is adhered to.
Responsibility for completion of end to end projects within the role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
• Ability to investigate and analyse challenges and offer solutions.
• Manage multiple logistics projects and tasks; working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsibility for the processing and tracking of project action points and milestones.
• Use own initiative and suggest ways of improving processes for greater efficiency.
• Ensure correspondence is treated in the strictest confidence when required.
• Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with external and internal parties.
• Ensure a clear understanding of current actions, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
• Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
• Advanced standard of IT including Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including ability to use VLOOKUPS, PIVOT TABLES AND IF STATEMENTS).
• Take full share of responsibility of collective tasks which are organised on a rota basis.
• Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications.
• Contribute positively and constructively to the Future Logistics Network Team.
• Confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues of all levels.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business.
• Professional work experience within Logistics / Supply Chain Management
• Ability to analyse and interpret data accurately.
• Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
• Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work on own initiative, working both in a team and independently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Excel and Word.
• Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution.
• A desire for continued personal development.
• Flexible and resilient when workload demands it.