Hourly Paid Distance Learning Tutor/Marker
We are currently looking for Tutor/Markers to respond to high business levels of Distance Learning enrolments.
You will provide individual and differentiated learner support that facilitates student progression through L2 Certificates 'by distance'. This may be through on-line/telephone tutorials and emails. The progress of students will be monitored through the marking of Student Workbooks and providing detailed, written feedback that facilitates achievement.
It is essential that you have current knowledge and skills for the subject area in which you are assessing, and having an assessing/verifying qualification is desired.
We are currently looking to recruit in the following areas:
- End of Life
- Common health conditions
- Care Planning
- Care and management of diabetes
- Infection control in clinical settings
- Learning disabilities
- Nutrition and Health
- Safe Handling of medication
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College's Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and 'Best of Walsall' discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- State of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors' Nursery.
- Access to 'The Hub' offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability. Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/adults at risk of harm. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an enhanced DBS Check.