IT Operations Centre Engineer
BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for BCA, a positive and focused team working for Europe's largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
The IT Operations Centre (ITOC) will provide real time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications, products and services within BCA. The ITOC aims to provide a holistic operational view of our enterprise estate, technologies, products and services.
Our ITOC Engineers will provide IT support and services to our business 7 days a week and will ensure that our systems remain available and accessible during core working hours. They will be required to operate a shift based schedule to ensure BCA provide the very best service possible to our customers.
As an ITOC Engineer, you will be passionate about IT services and understand the importance of following and developing rigorous IT processes and procedures in ensuring the services we deliver continually meet customer and service level expectation. With the use of multiple operational service monitoring and alerting systems and the ability to react quickly, you will be responsible for maintaining an extremely high level of service.
You will have good customer service skills, be calm under pressure and have the ability to assess, prioritise and deal with incidents and operational events effectively and efficiently.
Reporting to the ITOC Lead Engineer you will be expected to provide hands on support of incidents and events across the group.
As an ITOC Engineer, key operational duties will include:
- IT event and incident ticket management to ensure all events and incidents are processed as effectively as possible and adhere to service level expectation.
- Ensure "non-negotiable" systems and service processes are carried out as required.
- Take ownership of the ITOC ticket queue and allocated tickets.
- Be effective in detecting, triaging, escalating and tracking IT events and incidents through to resolution.
- Working closely with supporting resolver groups and third parties to ensure service tickets have the correct ownership and are progressed to resolution.
- Management of daily IT Operation checklists, system schedules and service reports.
- Work as part of a large team on a 7-day week, 4 on 4 off, shift pattern.
- Escalate and communicate service events in a timely, effective and professional manner.
- Production of operational reports such as software, hardware and operational achievements.
- Management of routine updates, patching and auditing to the standard set in documented procedures.
- To travel to other BCA branch sites as and where appropriate to further diagnose service events or to drive service improvement opportunity
- Flexible attitude and approach to supporting our services and customer demand.
- To undertake any other miscellaneous or non-recurring duties related to the post as may be directed.
- Support and monitoring of critical systems and services.
- Systems backup monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of APM tools such as Dynatrace, Solarwinds, New Relic and Microsoft AI.
- Hands on ITOC/NOC/SOC experience.
- IT Service Management experience aligned to ITIL good practice for event, incident, problem, config and change management processes.
- Ability to work closely with both internal support teams and external service providers.
- Customer service focused.
- Flexible, self-motivated and with a positive attitude.
- Ability to use own initiative and have a strong eye for detail.
- Be experienced, skilled and confident as an ITOC Engineer.
- Ability to react to, asses and prioritise automated service alerts.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be analytical, methodical and work well under pressure.
- A strong technical IT background with previous experience of working in an ITOC/NOC/SOC environment.
- Microsoft accreditations MCSA
- IT service management awareness and understanding (ITIL Foundation V3).
- Desktop and server patching and packaging using tools such as IVANTI
- IBM iSeries operations (AS/400)
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 31 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Excellent Learning & Development training options
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised restaurant that delivers
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!