This is an exciting opportunity to join our national ICT Managed Services team. The job is to provide first and second line hardware and software support, asset management, general ICT administration and other ICT facility services as a member of a customer-site based team.
The team's function will be to provide staff and pupil support for all aspects of the ICT infrastructure, including Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Telephony, Client Devices and Software.
- Provide professional first and second line technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support services to academy users within a Service Desk environment, via telephone, web, email and face-to-face during the service window.
- Provide a professional and effective second line remote network monitoring and management service within an academy environment.
- Where necessary and directed to do so, attend desk-side to resolve support issues and assist with the technical development of the academy's ICT environment.
- Report and manage any incident that requires the services of a third party organisation or our third line support team
- Ensure all problems identified whilst performing Service Desk duties are recorded and updated on the helpdesk system so the user is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each on-going incident and problem.
- Ensure that the escalation process is adhered to in all appropriate cases and that the Systems Administrator and where required, the academy, is fully updated on the status of all on-going problems and escalations.
- Action any asset changes in compliance with the Change Management Procedure.
- Provide an effective communications interface between the academy and the various groups within the company.
- Monitor/manage call queues to ensure that support calls are being escalated and resolved within agreed service levels.
- Complete additional ad-hoc project work, as required.
- Assist the Systems Administrator by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties, as and when required.
- Make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Keep the working area clean and tidy at all times.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and applications is essential.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VPN's.
- CompTia A+ Certified.
- CompTia N+ or S+.
- Hardware Break/Fix Experience - HP accredited to ASP level (Proliant Servers and/or HP Commercial Desktops, Workstations & Notebooks).
- ITIL or Framework for ICT Technical Support (FITS) Qualified to Practitioner level.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac IOS and managing an Apple Mac network environment
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical academy users.
- Ability to communicate across a wide range of ages, experience and abilities.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge across the team and with customers to aid learning and proficiency.
- Be able to work, unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
- Full-Time (52 Weeks/Annum, 37.5 Hours Per Week), Monday to Friday,
- Working Hours 08:00-16:30 Mon-Thu, 08:00-16:00 Fri