IT support apprentice
Do you have a passion for technology?
Are you ready to take your hobby to the next level?
Monday-Friday 37.5 Hours Per Week
Detailed Job Description:
Our client has over 30 years experience specialising in occupational health in software's and are now are leading provider working with well known customers in the commercial world and have their own international client base. Their offices are based in the heart of Brindley Place in Birmingham. Our client is now looking for two new apprentices to join their IT team as an IT apprentice.
The office has a great working environment in modern open plan offices with break rooms with a pool table & darts board to encourage you to chat to your colleagues, plus there is real coffee (and hot chocolate)!
Cohort's dress code is smart casual (no jeans) Monday to Thursday, and dress-down (jeans & t-shirt) on Fridays.
We are looking to recruit an IT Helpdesk/Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As a Microsoft Infrastructure Technician Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
Customer Service is key you must be able to communicate in a clear, polite and professional manner when using the telephone, emails or any other forms of communication. An interest in IT, and a willingness to learn the technical and customer skills required to provide excellent 1st/2nd line support is essential to the role.