IT Project Manager
The CILT Team
The CILT (Client Innovation & Legal Technology) Team was created in 2018 to focus on working with legal teams and clients to develop our outward facing technology solutions and further increase our innovation offering. We at Eversheds Sutherland understand the need to ensure the fundamentals are delivered across the firm, but also that there will be a growing need to look at emerging and innovative technology to allow the firm to continue to deliver a quality service to our Clients. The Team's main area of focus is on Client facing solutions as well as innovative legal solutions that will facilitate our Legal Teams in providing an efficient and increasing quality of service.
Main Purpose of Role:
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing and progressing with the delivery of projects being undertaken by the CILT Team. They will be expected to work with the relevant project teams to help ensure things are progressing in a coordinated and structured fashion, and that stakeholders are updated on progress accordingly.
Project plans, regular working group calls and reports will be expected to be delivered and maintained by the PM. RAID log management, as well as resource and budget management will all be part of the day-to-day activities as well as managing external third parties. The PM will be expected to work with both members of the CILT Team as well as the Delivery & Operations Team within IT.
The PM will be expected to work in an iterative fashion, and apply PM methodologies and governance appropriately based on the needs of the Project.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle through design, planning, build, deployment and lessons learned.
- Responsible for the day to day management of 3rd parties and internal team members working on the delivery of the project.
- Creation and ownership of MS project plans, identify and understand dependencies and ensure realistic delivery dates. Report progress against baseline for key milestones.
- Creation and ownership of the project RAID log, responsible for the ensuring the resolution of all issues and the identification of mitigations for risks.
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them engaged and up to date with project progress.
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working closely with IT (both CILT and Delivery & Operations), business and 3rd party vendors to understand requirements and deliver effective designs.
- Responsible for reporting of the project status, planning and budget management.
- Manage, motivate and monitor cross functional teams.
- Responsible of handover of solutions to support teams (internal and external) as part of service introduction along with production of relevant handover documentation.
Capabilities, knowledge and experience requirements:
Experience of the following:
- 3+ years' experience in delivering Projects (both change and software deployment)
- Experience in delivering company-wide Projects
- Prince2 certified
- Good stakeholder management
- Self-organisation and prioritisation management
- Ability to communicate efficiently and appropriately across different levels of seniority and utilising several mediums
- Experience of working with external suppliers including large outsource providers
- Experience of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience and understanding of cloud technologies and SaaS
Key behaviours from role expectations:
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the Project Teams
- Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling Projects
- Enthusiastic and self-aware, adapting style to suit the situation, acting as a positive role model for the team.
- Displays high standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Excellent customer service and relationship management.
- Good communication at all levels and across a range of mediums.
- Comfortable pushing back/suggesting area of improvement.
- Good understanding of procurement, due diligence, and security processes
- Ability to carry out negotiations with Suppliers and other third parties
- Good knowledge of project management methods including Prince2
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource management
- Ability to find ways of solving and pre-empting issues/problems and proactively dealing with them
- Demonstrates an awareness of risk issues in the context of their day-to-day activities
- Receptive to feedback, change, new initiatives and continually identifies ways to enhance the service and to develop own skills.