Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Cameo is delighted to announce we are supporting a new client in their search for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. This role will be based in their Southam office and you will be joining and exciting and forward-thinking business that works across a number of industries. They are looking for a qualified Geotechnical Engineer with experience with ground investigation. You will be joining a growing business that offers a vibrant and forward thinking culture and that is always looking for development opportunities for their staff. You will be mainly office based in Southam however for any travel you will have a company van and fuel card.
Deliver ground investigation and geotechnical services to a wide ranging client base across the UK with the potential to work on international projects.
- Plan and manage projects and business operations within their scope of responsibility.
- Confident and knowledgeable of various ground investigation techniques on both land and overwater.
- Day to day responsibility for planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects at locations throughout the United Kingdom.
- Prepare Health & Safety documentation prior to and during the site works phase, as well as assisting with the managing the Health & Safety of operatives and promoting a safe working environment.
- Act as a Site Agent for medium to large scale ground investigation projects both on land and overwater.
- Liaise with Clients / Engineers / Main Contractors throughout the site works phase.
- Keeping accurate field records of tasks performed.
- Supervision of Soil and Rock logging in accordance with the specification and BS5930:2015
- Supervision of others performing in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with the specification and current technical standards.
- Managing and collating site data using company software systems.
- Carry out task specific training and give training courses to the junior staff.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical proposals, represent the company at tender visits and assist with the scoping of contracts where required
- Write technical interpretative reports and provide advice to our clients
- Work towards giving technical presentations on behalf of the company at local and regional meetings and conferences.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 - 10 years relevant site and industry experience.
- Overwater experience both in the UK and overseas.
- Excellent awareness of GI specifications, procedures, techniques, standards and codes of practice.
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Track history of scoping and writing technical reports in the SI environment
- Qualified to degree level in a geotechnical discipline.
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office to create spreadsheets and documents for effective reporting, communication and record keeping.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good attention to detail.
What's In it for you:
The role offers a competitive salary of up to GBP30,000 dependant on experience as well as a host of benefits including a company van and fuel card. You will be joining a vibrant team that offers plenty of opportunities to develop towards a project manager role over time.