Cameo is delighted to announce we are supporting a new client in their search for an experienced Project Manager. This role will be based in their Southam office and you will be joining and exciting and forward-thinking business that works across a number of industries. They are looking for a project manager that has experience within the Geotechnical services as you will be managing ground investigation projects from start to finish and promoting the services the client offers to their customers.
The position is office based and requires continuous client liaison from project award through to completion therefore the candidate must possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Day to day responsibility for planning, supervision and programming of Ground Investigation projects at locations within the South East / London vicinity.
- Project Manage various small to large scale (GBP1M+) ground investigation projects from award through to project completion.
- Take full responsibility for the financial control of a project from award to completion.
- Compile monthly financial project accounts and assist the Operations Manager in maintaining the financial performance of projects.
- Manage a small team of site engineers and site technicians
- Assist the Operations Manager in managing the continued technical and professional development of staff within their team.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical proposals, represent the company at tender visits and assist with the scoping of contracts where required.
Skills and Experience:
- Confident and knowledgeable of various ground investigation techniques.
- 8 to 10 years plus of industry experience
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in project management.
- Excellent awareness of ground investigation specifications, procedures, techniques, British Standards and codes of practice.
- Awareness and ability to implement Health, Safety and Environmental legislation
- Awareness of ICE, NCE contracts and the effective administration of them.
- Awareness of geotechnical and geoenvironmental laboratory testing
- Awareness of data presentation using borehole log software packages and report compilation.
- Qualified to degree level in a geological, geotechnical or civil engineering discipline
- Completion of health and safety training schemes such as CSCS (Manager level), SMSTS, CDM 2015 Regulations etc.
- Computer literate and competent in use of MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
What's In it for you:
The role offers a competitive salary of up to GBP35,000 dependant on experience as well as a host of benefits including a company car, phone, laptop. You will be joining a vibrant team that offers plenty of opportunities to develop towards an operations manager role over time.