GIS Systems Administrator
As part of a continually evolving technical team, you will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of our clients' enterprise multi-user geo-databases. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Day to day administration and maintenance of the geo-databases, including investigation and resolution of database issues and liaising with internal and external technical resources where required
- Maintenance, update and distribution of external spatial datasets, including the development and maintenance of automated processes supporting data update and distribution operations
- Generation of spatial data extracts for use within and outside the business
- Administration of system access and security permissions across all geo-spatial applications and liaising with our Group IT Services on any security and access control issues
- Providing technical support to GIS users throughout the business in resolving system issues, delivering training and supporting product and version upgrades
- Undertaking spatial analysis to support other business functions
We are looking for someone with either a Degree in GIS or a relevant IT discipline, or proven experience in administering geo-databases. You will have proven database skills (SQL Server / Oracle / PostgreSQL), together with a good technical knowledge of the ArcGIS product suite, along with excellent communication skills and be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
Premier Benefits is available to all employees from the moment you join. It offers hundreds of discounts and is FREE to join!
Here's a sample of what's on offer:
- - Retail offers and vouchers
- - Health, Wellbeing and Pampering
- - Days out and leisure activities
- - Finance, Motoring and Insurance
- - Travel
Busy Bees - Our client offers its employees a unique employment benefit through the provision of a workplace nursery. This is an OFSTED registered facility and has been specifically designed to provide an exciting and stimulating environment for children aged between 3 months and 5 years.
From the day you join you are eligible to join the pension scheme.
Health and Wellbeing
From the day you join you are eligible to join the company healthcare schemes.
Employees are entitled to participate and purchase a HomeServe plumbing and drainage policy from GBP1 a month.
Employees have access to onsite gym facilities.