Research and Communities Director
Engage for Success is a growing, dynamic, voluntary movement promoting employee engagement as a better way to work that benefits individual employees, teams, and whole organisations.
We want everyone working in the UK to want, and be able, to give their best each day, so that each day is a great day at work, and that workplaces in the UK are thriving, growing and developing through the commitment, energy, and creativity of the people that work in them. Engage for Success is part of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
Overall purpose: To oversee, coordinate, and facilitate the work of all the volunteer groups connected with Engage for Success (EfS). Promote and share their activities, outputs, and research to maximise the impact of Engage for Success. Maximise the impact of and opportunities for research on employee engagement.
The EfS volunteer groups fall under one of two categories:
- Thought & Action Groups (TAGs): Research groups created to explore a topic related to employee engagement. Once the final output (report, online tool, conference, etc.) is delivered, the TAG is closed.
- Regional Groups: Bringing people in the same geographical location together to promote and explore engagement themes through organising and hosting events.
Duties of the R&C Director:
- Facilitate the full range of EfS research through linking individuals, commercial organisations, universities etc, promoting the TAGs and influencing stakeholders to take part.
- Promote, market the outputs of the TAGs by facilitating events, use of social media, drafting press releases, working with media organisations.
- Horizon-scan for areas of public policy related to employee engagement and influencing these, e.g. responses to Green Papers, canvassing the views of the EfS community and drafting conclusions to 'influencers'.
- 'Soft-manage' the work of the Steering Group which is EfS's main source of thought and action ideas.
- Play a pivotal role as part of the EfS Core Team.
- Identify key stakeholders and build relationships within CIPD.
- Facilitate the creation of new Regional Groups and maintain the energy and motivation through chairing regular Regional Ambassador meetings.
- Represent EfS at events and meetings (government and commercial organisations, ISO, universities, etc.), using a network of engagement contacts to maximise these opportunities.
- Deputise for the EfS Managing Director.
- Lead the EfS team currently designing Engagement Assessment Framework intended for use initially across the Civil Service.
- Work closely with and influence relevant policy decisions of representative bodies such as the Federation of Small Business, trades unions, CBI, etc.