As one of the most recognised brands in the world, our client strives to design and build outstanding products built to stand the test of time and to outshine the competition in regards to quality. Safety, comfort and endurance.
We are currently looking to expand the engineering capability and bring in an experienced and resilient Materials Manager with SAP implementation experience.
Main focus of the role
As Materials Manager you'll be in charge of the supply chain, making sure that our inbound, outbound and internal materials logistics are managed with absolute efficiency.
The main responsibilities of the Materials Manager will include:
- Control annual and monthly production plans
- Publish and manage the inventory forecast and targets, and will make sure we achieve both strategic objectives and routine activities by deploying the right resources at the right time
- Work closely with third party logistics services, control new product introductions and manage the Materials Department's annual budgets
- Juggle processes and systems implementation along with improving and developing groups worldwide supplier relationships and function
- Bar coding to parts planning, you'll be a manager of serious credibility and real breadth of responsibility
Required Experience & qualifications
- SAP Implementation background
- Operational/Production Experience
- Senior Material Planning experience with complex part & supplier counts (over 10,000 live parts and 350 Suppliers)
- Project Management skills and experience in Supply Chain
- Manufacturing Production & Logistics experience and have managed large teams.
- Senior Management experience
Overview of experience
The ideal candidate for the role of Materials Manager will be a lean manufacturing, Kaizen and JIT guru, you'll have exceptional knowledge of sequence supply techniques and the ability to communicate effectively at every level of business, from the ground floor to the Board room.
As Materials Manager you'll not only be determined, but an excellent budget manager and staff liaison who can train, manage and develop people even under occasional extreme pressure. Applicants will need experience in logistics and ideally, manufacturing. Negotiation skills and the ambition to take your career to the next logical stage of development are essential for this position.