Infotainment Software Engineer
Scope of Role
As Infotainment Software Engineer you will be responsible for create and maintain customer infotainment software requirement with help from infotainment function owner.
You also will be responsible for software related process, release plan, validation iteration for customer infotainment and connectivity to reach good software maturity at SOP.
Highly desirable sports car that will be niche and a game changer for this British super car manufacturer. This opportunity, the environment and culture you will be working in, will be a significant stepping stone in your engineering career, something you will take great pride in and a point of reflection in later life.
Tata Technologies Environment
Our Engineering Research and Development department (ER&D) is a fast growing function within Tata Technologies Limited that is assembled to work on exciting projects globally for multiple customers.
Area of Responsibility
- Work with strategic partners and suppliers to develop technically compliant function/system solutions which fulfil project plans, effectively communicating timings and critical paths.
- Through commercial and technical judgement use initiative to determine solutions and facilitate infotainment function/system objectives related with software.
- Working collaboratively with respective departments, engineers and suppliers to problem solve and achieve solutions to encountered problems, taking accountability for the resolution.
- Work with other engineering functions and departments to best communicate and ultimately achieve desired outcomes.
- Coordinate and engage with external suppliers managing supplier activities related to infotainment system.
- Support and act as mentor to colleagues to achieve individual, departmental and corporate goals.
- Initialize design and review of infotainment software topology/ architecture, especially infotainment head unit.
- Collaborative working with Chief Engineers and Project Leaders to achieve solutions whilst meeting time, cost, performance and functionality requirements.
- Close working with Chief Engineer for Infotainment, PMO and other function groups to Create and maintain customer infotainment software requirement with help from infotainment function owner.
- Initialize design and review of infotainment software topology/ architecture with suppliers, especially infotainment head unit.
- Responsible for software related process, release plan, validation iteration for customer infotainment and connectivity to reach good software maturity at SOP. Align with relevant parts to release IP (integration point) plan combined with FIP plan.
- Undertaking both the supervision and delivery of software development, process, verification and testing plans for infotainment systems and functionality.
Knowledge / Experience
- Infotainment domain tehnical solution
- Software tipology and architecture
- Code review
- Software development process
- Infotainment domain feature and content
- Electronic interference
- Automotive Electrical communication
- System design in distributed system
- Electronic Printed Circuit Board design
- Wireless communication
- Software programming, architecture and process.
In return for bringing your expertise to our business we offer a competitive salary along with excellent benefits including:
- Pension Scheme - We match employee contribution up to 5% of salary
- 25 Days' Holiday
- Private Health Care
- Tata Jaguar Land Rover Privilege Scheme - up to 20% of new JLR vehicles
- Group Income Protection
- Health Assured - Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health Shield - Private Health Cash Plan
If you are passionate about bringing innovation to the projects you work on and want to join a global company, then this is the place for you.
Tata Technologies: Make it real. Make it Better???.
Tata Technologies would like to thank all applicants for their interest, each application will be reviewed against the set criteria for the role. We would like to advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 10 working days following the closing date it will mean that unfortunately your application has not been successful. We will however retain your details for any suitable future opportunities.