IT Second Line Support Engineer
IT Second Line Support Engineer, Rugby
- Provide 2nd line support interfacing with 3rd line support suppliers and vendors as required to resolve complex issues
- Liaise with customers on all complex issues that cannot be resolved satisfactorily by 1st Line support, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout
- Ensuring Wintel/Unix systems are performing within required capacity management parameters.
- Ensuring Wintel/Unix systems uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
- Ensuring Wintel/Unix systems hardware is maintained.
- Manage the Data Backup and Storage solution by maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate, operational and customer data.
- Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded IT systems and services.
- Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
- Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
- Maintain 2nd Line IT Support related policies, processes, tools
- Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
- Delivery of the 2nd Line IT Support remit ensuring the availability of the function across a 24/7, 365-day pattern including on call requirements
- Develop and discharge the Applications, Infrastructure and Spares Management related processes as well as participation within other processes such as Problem, Change, Incident, Release, Availability Management.
- Adhere to all relevant MSP and MSI processes.
- Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team
- Develop continuous improvement plans and initiatives to improve performance, quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
- Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting to customers and suppliers through all relevant contact
- Support the production of reports relating to the 2nd Line IT Support team performance.
- Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate
Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of IT Service Management in terms of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
- Mature, credible, a team player and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role. I.e. Reliable, tolerant, approachable and determined.
- Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
- A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
Academic and Technical Qualifications:
• Degree level or equivalent in IT
• MCSA - Windows Server - Desirable
• ITIL v3 foundation - Desirable
Other technical expertise, experience and knowledge
- Experience in the following; SQL, Unix/Linux, Windows Server and Desktop, Backup and Storage Technologies
- Experience of administrating virtual environments using VMware, Citrix, Horizon View, Azure
- Extensive industry experience working in 2nd Line IT Support with demonstrable experience in at least one of the following: IT technologies and associated processes; Security technologies; IP Network technologies.
- Demonstrable ability to identify improvements in 2nd Line IT Support SLAs e.g. Incident Resolution, Availability Management, Operate and Maintenance etc.
- Good understanding of OSS/BSS Applications such as BMC Remedy, HP Openview, Netcool, Dell EMC Avamar etc - Desirable - not essential
- Industry experience working in LTE Network; TETRA Network - Desirable - not essential
Salary GBP42,000 + 8% Bonus
Location - Rugby
Excellent company benefits