Senior Android Developer with Cloud knowledge for IoT product
ROLE: Senior Android Developer with Cloud knowledge for IoT wireless system.
LOCATION: Belfast (close to both Belfast airports)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months initially
RATE: GBP400 - GBP500 per day
FLEXIBILITY: You can work your hours in 4 days
OTHER INFORMATION: Overtime is offered. This will be paid at a pro rata hourly rate
You will be working on a greenfield IoT wireless vehicle information system project. You will be working in a mixed disciplined team, working with electronic and embedded software engineers.
The wireless IoT system collects big data from sensors all-across a vehicle. This information is then stored on a database in the cloud.
You will be tasked with developing an Android application that is used by end users.
- The Android app will allow end users to input data into the app which will then be stored on the Cloud. The Cloud also connect to a PC application.
- The Android app will also present data stored in the cloud which has been collected from the vehicle sensors
For this role you should be someone who can develop mobile applications from an architecture/ system level.
You should have full-stack development experience, doing both front-end and back-end development.
As well as being able to develop an Android application, you should have good Cloud knowledge. You'll be tasked with connecting the mobile application with a cloud database. Experience with the required API / API's would be highly desirable.
This is an opportunity to work on a fascinating IoT wireless system which is at the very early stages of development. If you like joining projects at the beginning, this is certainly a role for you. The work is exciting and there is a great buzz in the team.
- Full-stack mobile application development (front-end and back-end)
- Android development (Java or Kotlin)
- API experience (ideally experience with an API that connects Cloud database to Android application)
- Cloud knowledge (preferably AWS or Google Cloud)
- SQL, SQLite
- Able to work from an Architect/ System level
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions.