Human Resources Advisor Clubs
Working in a team of Business Support Partners, you will be responsible for establishing long-term trusting relationships with our club managers and coaches and providing support with HR best practice. Working with our legal support service, you will liaise directly with the clubs to understand their current issues and provide agile interventions that are designed to develop and upskill them to run their club effectively
- Provide support and guidance to the club, through methodical and planned interventions
- Assist clubs to resolve issues and direct them to external legal support when appropriate.
- Act as an intermediary where necessary, between clubs and the third-party organisations provided through
- British Gymnastics membership (DAS Law and Agility UK).
- Work with the clubs to support the risk assessment of case work.
- Create and deliver development events, conferences, webinars and podcasts, and to create online tools and resources.
- Work with the Case Management Team (CMT) to identify club support needs that arise from complaints and concerns.
- Gather and use insight and feedback through evaluation of interventions, to understand opportunities for continuous service development and delivery.
- Work with other members of the Learning and Development team to create club guidance and development interventions such as podcasts, webinars, face to face training, resources and guidance documents.
- Create tools and resources that can be accessed electronically where possible, to enable successful implementation by clubs.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Expertise in the management of complaints, concerns or misconduct, HR/people management, health and safety, child protection, data protection and equality.
- Be non-judgmental, honest, open, factual, confidential, sensitive, and analytical.
- Have good attention to detail and the ability to work sensitively with confidential information.
- The ability to be flexible in relation to working hours and travel i.e. for attending meetings at weekends; and a full driving licence.
- Excellent communication, listening, interpersonal and IT skills and be proficient at delivering presentations and training and must demonstrate a positive attitude towards continual professional development.
- The ability to analyse and resolve problems/ issues as they arise, managing, and making decision on their work programme and making recommendations as required.
- British Gymnastics is an equal opportunities employer and aims to provide a discrimination-free working environment. We are committed to an action plan and policy in line with the Equality Act 2010, which ensures that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of a protected characteristic.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Wednesday, 28th August 2019
Interview date: 4th September 2019