Human Resource Advisor
Human Resource Advisor
Initial 4-month fixed term contract
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what's most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you'll see it's about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we're focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It's a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It's how we'll find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges. And how we'll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
At Arcadis we are looking to recruit a HR Advisor for an initial 4 months fixed term contract to work from our HR advisory team, who supports our business with employee relations. Reporting to the Senior HR Business Partner, the main purpose of the role is to provide professional HR advisory support on all employee relation issues across all Arcadis' different business lines. Within the role, you will also have the opportunity to work on UK wide HR initiatives.
- Support and guide managers with end to end case management for all employee relation cases
- Provide advice and support to line manager community on all people matters, including performance management, welfare and employee relations cases
- Work with Centres of Excellence including Learning and Development, Recruitment, Strategic Workforce Planning, International HR, HR Shared Services, Compensation and Benefits and Payroll, to provide a wide range of HR Services to stakeholders
- Work closely with the HR Shared Service Centre to ensure the business receives an efficient and high quality HR administration service
- Coach and mentor HR staff within our centres of Excellence
- Coach, support and build capability in line managers to manage the employment relationship effectively and guide managers on HR policy queries
- Support the development and maintenance of HR Policies and processes
- Provide support in grievance and disciplinary hearings
- Support change initiatives, including acquisitions, restructures, redundancies, TUPE, redeployment and office closures
- Support the delivery of HR change projects
- A generalist HR background and a proven track record of delivering high-quality, tailored HR support
- Strong employee relations experience (ER) gained in high volume, transactional environments with disciplinary, grievance, performance management and sickness absence management cases
- Good working knowledge of employment law and practices
- Demonstrates integrity in all business interactions and honours personal commitments
- Experience of working within a HR Shared Services & Centres of Excellence model is an advantage
- CIPD level 5 qualified or part qualified is an advantage
- Travel across UK locations is a requirement
At Arcadis, you'll have the opportunity to build the career that's right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a 'people ?rst' business, it's why we'll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. Other bene?ts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ?exible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.