Job Title: Onsite Engineer
Town: Leamington Spa
Salary: GBP19,000 - GBP22,000 per Annum
Intro: An exciting, varied, role in an award-winning IT company specialising in the dentistry sector. As an onsite network engineer, you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving ICT incidents in order to maintain and exceed service levels. You will be passionate about customer service and possesses the right balance of intuition and resourcefulness to deliver a first-class customer experience.
The ideal person will have the IT experience to work autonomously on-site at various customers, as well as work alongside colleagues within our client's busy helpdesk and workshop. A highly organised personable IT Engineer capable of team working, the candidate will also be prepared to seek help or training to balance their own strengths. If you can thrive in a varied IT support role, relish taking responsibility and believe in working until the job is done, they definitely want to hear from you!
• Energy, humility, and a 'doer'.
• Excellent documentation and record keeping
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and to take own initiative
• A thorough and organised approach
• Ability to communicate and work with a range of internal and external people
• Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
• Ability to adapt with rapid flexibility.
The ideal candidate should be adept in the following:
• Provide onsite support as part of a managed service
• Deliver proactive support via Remote Monitoring and Management systems
• Troubleshooting and taking ownership of support tickets and onsite repairs
• Excellent time management, planning and control
• Ensuring projects are completed on time and to the agreed specification.
• Configurations and installation of structured cabling, servers and network devices.
• Diagnosis of faults/failures and repair or replacement of parts.
• Ensuring that clients are happy with the work through follow up calls and completion of a satisfaction survey.
• Completion of documentation and timesheets.
• Reporting to management and clients on job status, planned works and ongoing issues
The candidate must have an understanding of UK business systems and have experience in desktop and network support including:
• At least 1-2 years' experience in a 1st Line, client facing support role
• Strong knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008/ 2012 / Exchange
• Configuring and managing Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems (Windows 7 to 10), MAC OSX
• Experience of the installation and configuration of peripheral devices; e.g. Network Printers, ADSL Routers, and LAN Switches
• System and network monitoring services
• Provisioning and management of Microsoft Office and Exchange Online.
• Backup and Endpoint protection technologies
Qualifications & Experience:
• Strong knowledge and/or experience with Server 2008/ 2012/ 2016/ Exchange
• MTA Network Infrastructure or equivalent
• VoIP and RMM systems experience
• CCNA 1 - 4 or equivalent
• MCSA: Windows Server 2012 or equivalent
As the role involves on-site working the candidate will be required to frequently travel to client sites around the Midlands. They may also be required to travel to any part of the UK on an ad-hoc basis.
Own vehicle with appropriate insurance. Full UK driving licence.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this role.