INSTRUCTIONAL OFFICER – AERONAUTICAL
1 day left
- Contract Type
INSTRUCTIONAL OFFICER – AERONAUTICAL
ENGINEERING DISCIPLINES (MECHANICAL, AVIONIC/ELECTRICAL/, WEAPONS, SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT)
Salary – Starting Salary £25,383 Pa + £3000 Recruitment and Retention Allowance*
12 Vacancies - Job Reference No 6288
Are you a qualified and experienced engineer who can transfer your skills delivering Aeronautical Engineering training to the next and future generations of RAF Engineers, inspiring them to be the very best they can?
Do you have the desire and ability to learn new trade knowledge within one of the trade disciplines (mechanical, avionic/electrical, armament, Survival Equipment)? Would you relish the prospect of working alongside military, civilian and commercial partners for the benefit of Defence? Do you want to be part of a team who are encouraged to develop new ideas and be innovative in the way we deliver our business? Then you are just the person we are looking for.
The No1 School of Technical Training; a part of the Defence School of Aeronautical Engineering (DSAE) located at RAF Cosford provides initial trade training to new recruits as well as advanced career training to existing RAF aeronautical engineers. It also delivers the same aeronautical engineering training to International students under government contract where RAF Cosford has achieved a very high success rate leading to increased demand for our excellence in training delivery. RAF Cosford remains a site of growth and expansion with numerous projects and partnership developments being explored and undertaken.
A 4-year programme to expand the civil service cadre of aeronautical engineering instructors begins with the availability of numerous vacancies within all main trade disciplines and whose primary duties will include:
- Delivery of technical training (theory and practical) to City & Guilds
- Apprenticeship Level 3 standards.
- Preparing student reports on performance (academic and behavioural).
- Preparing and conducting practical assessments, including marking and recording.
- Developing and controlling training documents and delivery media.
- Proposing improvements to training design and content.
- General course administration.
- Additional support duties essential for the safe conduct of training and students.
The post holder will be expected to diversify into other related topic areas after suitable training as required to maintain flexibility and increase capability of its staff.
Qualified in a general engineering discipline, to level 3 or equivalent, combined with relevant and recent technical and practical experience. Engineering trade skills and knowledge should be transferable within the Aeronautical Engineering domain (please provide details). NOTE: recognised training will be provided to develop specific Aeronautical engineering knowledge if required.
Qualified in an aeronautical engineering discipline, level 3 or equivalent.
Candidates who have completed a UK Armed Forces Engineering Apprenticeship and have a proven track record of technical experience will be deemed as meeting the necessary requirements.and; a CertEd (or higher) teaching/training qualification (this is not essential as Defence Train the Trainer training will be provided to successful candidates).
- Changing & Improving
- Communicating & Influencing
- Working Together
- Developing Self & Others
Successful candidates must pass an enhanced disclosure and barring security check and Defence vetting clearance to Baseline Personal Security Standard (BPSS).
This vacancy is using Success Profiles and will assess your behaviours, experience and technical skills. Therefore, selection will be through an assessment day which will include a formal behaviour interview, the delivery of a short (10 minutes) presentation by the candidate on a subject relevant to the post and a technical trade competency examination. Feedback will only be provided if selected and attend an interview for the position advertised.
The post currently attracts an allowance of £3000 (RRA) which is in addition to the starting salary. This allowance is reviewed annually.
- Free on-site car parking
- Access to gymnasium, swimming pool and outdoor sports facilities
- On-site shop/café facilities
- Easily accessible road/rail links.
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
Please apply via www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
To find this vacancy please enter Job Reference No 6288 into the search facility.
Contact Mr Michael Ustianowski, e-mail: Michael.email@example.com or phone: 01902 377200
Interviews to be held during Oct 2019 at RAF Cosford, Wolverhampton, WV7 3EX
Closing date: 20th Sept 2019.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria
A Force for Good.