Group Underwriting Manager
Group Underwriting Manager
LIM Group has an exciting opportunity within the Group Underwriting Team for a professional Underwriting Manager to work across the LIM and LIMe brands underwriting tailored insurance policies and managing the team to ensure outstanding customer service and underwriting excellence. LIM Group is a leading specialist in the field of Legal Expenses Insurance, Professional Fees Insurance, Vehicle Breakdown and Home Emergency Insurance together with associated niche products, offering bespoke, highly-customised policies ideal for our intermediary partners to service their respective market. The LIM Group of companies offer every partner and customer a delightful and inimitable experience.
Position: LIM Group Underwriting Manager
Location: Brierley Hill, Dudley, West Midlands
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Salary: Up to GBP50,000 dependent on experience
Benefits: 28 days annual holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays, increasing to 30 after 1 years' service, Holiday buy and sell scheme of up to 10 days, Private Healthcare Insurance, Car Breakdown Insurance, Legal Expenses Insurance, Income Protection, Home Emergency Insurance, Death in Service (4 times), Opportunity to study for industry-recognised qualifications, Retail discount card
About the role:
As the Group Underwriting Manager in the dynamic Central Services Team, your role is integral in supporting the whole business, ensuring we provide an outstanding internal and external customer experience. As a Group Underwriting Manager for both the LIM and LIMe brands, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the efficient and profitable running of the underwriting area.
- Delivering portfolio profitability to our capacity providers.
- Operational management of the team.
- Establishing and subsequent delivery of KPI's / SLA's.
- Ensuring technical excellence and accuracy within the team.
- Ensuring we deliver innovative products to our customer in a timely and compliant manner.
- Leading our relationships from an underwriting perspective with our capacity providers and intermediaries.
- Liaising with all areas of the LIM Group to ensure a collaborative approach.
- Implement and execute a comprehensive training programme for all members of the team.
- Contributing towards ensuring our business achieves its corporate objectives.
- Proactively reviewing all aspects of how the underwriting area operates and seeking ways to continuously improve.
- Experience of dealing with the insurance intermediary / broker market.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with our intermediary network and Broker Relationship Managers.
- Strong numerical skills and a thorough understanding of pricing unique risks.
- Underwriting experience or a firm understanding of underwriting practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly developed leadership behaviours.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate colleagues within the underwriting team.
- Highly analytical with experience of gathering and analysing scheme data.
- A thorough understanding of regulatory requirements.
- The ability to adapt to a customer focussed, nimble and opportunistic company with a clear and focussed culture where you want to stand out and be able to make a positive difference to the direction and success of the business.
- An analytical degree, classification of 2:2 or above.
- Industry-specific qualifications (CII certificate; Diploma etc.).
- A thorough understanding of the differing distribution routes to market.
- Experience of underwriting legal expenses insurance or emergency assistance insurance would be advantageous.
Becoming the Group Underwriting Manager for the LIM Group is an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of an innovative and rapidly growing company, gain industry-recognised qualifications, and make a substantial impact within a niche, market-leading organisation.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Underwriter, Head of Underwriting, Insurance Underwriting, Insurance Underwriter, Financial Services, Insurance Broker, Underwriting Manager, etc.