Business Administrator - Birmingham
MAXIMUS conducts health and disability assessments on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions through a network of 11 Medical Services Centres and 150 Medical Examination Centres. The Business Administrator provides back-office support & administrative services to healthcare and other administration employees within the designated Centre location or region.
- Acts as the primary clerical support resource for internal and external customers.
- Manages telephone, fax and e-mail queries from third parties.
- Maintains customers' files in line with data protection requirements.
- Accurate dispatching of information as required via external courier.
- Accurate data entry onto the in-house information system.
- Works within established processes and key performance indicators.
- Liaison with other teams and medical colleagues.
- Data collation.
- General office administration duties; including documenting invoices, updating spreadsheets and filing.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Strong communication skills: both spoken and written.
- Attention to details in relation to office administration duties essential for the job.
- Keen organisation skills in regards to logical filing and record keeping - both paper and electronic.
- IT literate - able to use MS-Office packages confidently.
- Ability to deliver work to set targets.
- Self-motivated - able to work unsupervised; uses own initiatives to ensure effective outcome.
- Willingness to travel as required by the business.