Senior Conduct Risk Manager
Working for a firm that wants to help you develop and achieve your career goals. They will help you thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in the success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
Whatever your role, this firm reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. With a wide range of benefits including a flexible working, part home based on offer, generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
- Provide conduct risk advice and guidance on new projects, products, propositions, services and other initiatives to ensure the delivery of fair customer outcomes, and appropriate risk mitigation in line with the risk appetite
- Set and manage the framework for providing 2nd line oversight of conduct risk matters within the business to ensure appropriate information is gathered and collated on an ongoing basis to enable a robust assessment of the effectiveness of conduct risk management practices
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on regulatory change, including preparing responses and inputting to lobbying proposals, to ensure early awareness of initiatives and effective identification and management of new and changing conduct risks.
- Develop and maintain effective and close working relationships with the relevant business areas, Risk team and the Group Conduct Risk team to ensure effective co-ordination of resources and responsibilities so that all material conduct risks are identified and managed within agreed risk appetite
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of the conduct risk management framework and input to the conduct risk monitoring universe to ensure a consistent approach to the setting, managing and assessment of conduct risk across wider business units
- Deputise for the Chief Risk Officer as required and escalate issues as appropriate
Knowledge is required of:
- Strong regulatory knowledge and experience of the FCA rules and practical application with a particular focus on Lifetime Mortgages, Residential Lending, MCOB and the Mortgage Market Review
- Awareness of L&G's industry position and financial services products in the retirement market place
- Knowledge of the principles of operational risk management, especially in relation to regulatory and customer focused risks
Strong experience is required of:
- Extensive experience in financial services, preferably the mortgage sector
- Experience interpreting and applying regulatory rules to practical scenarios and helping to devise compliant, commercially acceptable solutions.
- Providing technical compliance and risk advice and guidance
- Influencing at all levels and effective management of issues