Graduate Commercial Analyst
SF are looking for a naturally analytical individual with a degree in a numerical discipline (such as Mathematics, Physics or Engineering). Previous experience isn't required, but a thirst for knowledge is! The ability to work with large amounts of data, advanced Excel skills and knowledge of SQL are essential.
You'll be working closely with other members of the Commercial team as well as teams throughout the business, so good communication skills are also required. At the same time, the role can involve large amounts of data and some tricky analysis, so the ability to work accurately and independently is also necessary.
This would be a great opportunity for a new graduate to enter the industry.
As a Commercial Analyst you will be:
- Tracking the profitability of our portfolio of customers - use data to justify and explain any changes to underlying gross margin expectations
- Translate the business plan in to a revenue and gross margin forecast - work closely with the Pricing and Finance teams to understand how revenue and costs are realised
- Explain differences in forecast and actual revenues and costs
- Create tools and models to succinctly explain commercial performance to stakeholders throughout the business
- Presentation of results to stakeholders including senior management
- Track performance against weekly sales and gross margin target
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, contribute to projects, and provide general support to the Commercial team and the wider business
- Supporting new products and propositions with commercial analysis and insight
- Run and continuously improve existing forecasting, models, databases and methodology
- 2:1 or above in a numerical discipline such as Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- Naturally analytical, confident working with large amounts of data
- Able to work independently with an excellent attention to detail
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic, with a desire to learn
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of SQL
- Friendly and personable - able to work well in a team
- Organised, efficient and with great attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to work independently and accurately
- Confident and proactive - happy to speak up when something can be improved
- Salary - Competitive
- Bonus - up to 10% of salary based on individual and team performance
- Regular working from home days
- Holiday - 25 days plus bank holidays
- Pension Plan
- Gym Membership - 50% off PureGym membership
- Health Care Cash Plan - company funded Cash Plan covering dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Also gives you access to a 24/7 online GP, Employee Assistance Programme and over 4000 online discounts!
- No need to be suited and booted as it's a smart casual dress code!
- Quirky City Centre offices with rooftop terrace!
- Regular social and team building events!
- Less than a 10 minute walk from Central Birmingham Train Stations
- Four day working week considered
If this sounds like you or you would like to know more, contact Masood and apply now!