Your new role
You will be responsible and accountable for programme level workforce plan feeding into Major Projects. You will work with peers across other programmes by demonstrating resilience reporting to the Workforce Planning Manager. You will have the exciting opportunity to step into covering meetings and agendas on behalf of the Workforce Planning Manager as well as leading on the bespoke areas of workforce planning (replacement roles, leavers and trend analysis). You will be working with numbers of resourcing needs and add value by presenting deployment opportunities and building capability across Major Projects programmes nationally. Managing a number of key stakeholder relationships which include programme Programme Management Office, Finance Business Partners and other internal and external stakeholders as requires as well as working with the Management Information team within Programme Hub to support on month end reporting and use internal systems and work across a variety of data.
What you'll be leading on
- Quality assuring data and using Power Bi to come forward with data to influence decisions and prepare proposals
- To standardise work force planning service which will include monthly reviews, issuing of standardise reports and capturing data to update our systems
- Reviewing our data and business cases weekly by regularly supporting Hiring Managers by checking, monitoring and challenging business justifications
- Working within the programmes to support demand assumptions, utilising the Strategic Workforce Planning Tool (SWP) for deployment opportunities linking in capability data
- Monthly rotation to provide Major Projects Programme Hub secretariat to Major Projects Resource committee
To be successful
- Experience of workforce planning and staff deployment, forward planning in a complex multi-site programme environment
- Proven experience in managing stakeholder relationships to gain buy-in solutions and deliver outcomes
- Experience of influencing decision making
- Strong experience in using databases and spreadsheet packages
- General understanding of the principles of strategic workforce planning, annual business planning cycle and month end cycle
A bit about us
The Major Projects Programme Hub provides a central, integrated programme management office for Major Projects Directorate, responsible for defining the standards, processes, systems and governance arrangements that will be used throughout the Directorate for the delivery of projects and programmes. Major Projects Programme Hub is also responsible for raising the level of professional capability in all programme management service functions and in project management as a whole. It also enables, advises and supports other services which are provided across Major Projects Directorate.
Want to know more?
Please see job description.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers. So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion in what you do, work effectively in a team and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.