Graduate Software Developer - Birmingham
Looking for software developer graduate jobs in Birmingham, and want to join a leading financial software provider? With offices across several UK cities, this growing IT company are on the lookout for a Graduate Software Developer to join their team.
In this Graduate Software Developer job, you will be joining a financial software provider that improves the performance of their clients by providing market-leading software, consultancy and training. With offices in London, Newcastle and Birmingham, they pride themselves on tailoring their approach to each one of their high-profile financial clients. With over 30 years' experience in finance, they are a well-established name in the wealth management industry.
In this Graduate Software Developer job, you will be involved in several software support and development projects of varying size and complexity. You will be working with the company's network of clients to provide them with new and innovative software solutions that help them to successfully meet their business goals. You will need to have a keen interest in software and a strong numerical background - as you'll be taking on a lot of responsibility and challenging projects from day one!
In this Graduate Software Developer job, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients to provide new and innovating software solutions
- Identifying, prioritising and executing tasks in the software development life cycle
- Developing tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Working with other departments to explain very technical ideas in a simple and easy to understand way
- A 2.1 from a good university, and a strong numerical background
- Ideally an A grade in A-level Mathematics or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills, good attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities
- A confident and outgoing approach
- An interest in learning about the financial sector, and stockbroking in particular
Benefits of the job
- A competitive starting salary of GBP21,000
- Internal job training and progression
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Kitchen fully stocked with drinks, fruit and cereal
- Private healthcare scheme, healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly entertainment allowance & Friday night drinks
Looking for software developer graduate jobs in Birmingham, and want to work for a leading financial software provider? If you're proactive and numerical, apply for this Graduate Software Developer job in Birmingham today.
Discover more IT Graduate Jobs and Software Graduate Jobs in London