Job Title: IT Manager
Location: West Midlands
Chapman Tate Associates have partnered with a manufacturing business based in the West Midlands. My client is in the market for an IT Manager. There current infrastructure is based around VMware virtual servers, you will be reporting into the Finance Director.
You will take responsibility for the infrastructure, in a role combining hands-on and operational focus, you will embrace accountability for the company's infrastructure vision and roadmap, driving forward and introducing new technology to improve business efficiency.
Your day to day tasks include:
The IT Manager will primarily focus on:
- Getting site assets up to standard
- Dealing with Day to Day issues
- Taking on site-based projects
- Assisting Head of IT
- You will be expected to Travel
This role would suit a proactive forward-thinking Infrastructure Engineer/IT Manager who is willing to exercise their experience and knowledge. A lively and charismatic person who is ready for a challenge coupled with a can-do attitude, ready to jump onto any situation and need.
You will ideally demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Good overall knowledge of Microsoft networking & infrastructure, within a IT Support function
- 4 plus years' experience with Server 2008 Admin (AD, DNS, DHCP Etc)
- Good General Hands on Knowledge
- Good Hardware Knowledge
- Some DB Reporting skills (Crystal, SSRS, Access etc )
- Virtualisation Experience
- Knowledge of SQL