3 months (potential to go longer)
GBP21K-GBP28K per annum dependent on experience / Hourly rate is GBP10.77 - GBP14.36 per hour
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to work at their headquarters based in Coventry on a 3 months contract basis (can go longer depending on business needs) via Adecco. The role requires working 37.5 hours per week, Mon to Fri.
The Finance Assistant will be supervised, advised, monitored and controlled by the Accounting Supervisor. This role is one of several Finance Assistants sharing the fundamental central processing tasks for the currently circa 40 dealerships and would have responsibility for:
- Processing accounting transactions for a group of dealerships with time always of the essence;
- Liaising as required with dealership staff and regional Financial Controlling teams.
- Daily tasks are required to be completed accurately, as swiftly as possible to ensure complete and accurate financial data in support of the operation and management of the dealership operations.
- Errors could easily result in significant financial loss which cannot be recovered. The monthly month end accounting timetable and requirements is determined by Group reporting deadlines set by Head Office in Paris.
- Processes and procedures are standardised within the General Ledger team, in accordance with both Group Norms and Dealership Procedures & Operations Manual (DPOM), and it is essential that these are followed and adhered to consistently and accurately by all members of the Finance Assistant team and it is paramount these are applied equally and consistently across all UK business units.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous Accounting experience and alteast entry-level book-keeping knowledge.
- At least hold AAT Level 1 qualification or above.
- Comfortable using MS Excel
- Kerridge experience is highly desired/ Automotive industry experience is beneficial
- Available to start on a short notice.
- Available for interview on Friday 9th August.
The application process is subject to the successful completion of background and reference checking, including CRB and CCJ (County Court Judgement) checks.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy