Do you have a passion for problem solving? Want to become the next big IT expert?
Monday to Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
Detailed Job Description:
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and customer service skills to join our client's head office in Worcester as an IT support apprentice.
Our client is a growing IT business with over 20 year's experience specialising in IT consultancy, supporting business's with the best advice for hardware and software solutions, also providing services for Infrastructure planning and Networking.
As a Infrastructure Technician your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team.
• Learning how to provide technical support.
• Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow.
• Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship.
• Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients.
• Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails.
• Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales.
• Working on resolving the first line support where capable, and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary.
• Updating company systems.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career within the IT industry.
• To be considered for this role, you must have at least a C grade in both GCSE Maths & English.
• You should have a GCSE/BTEC/A Level in ICT or at least hands-on experience with the workings of computers and IT.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• You will be flexible, adaptable, possess the ability to multitask and have good interpersonal skills.