IT support Apprentice
Do you have a passion for problem solving? Want to become the next big IT expert?
Monday to Friday 8:30-5:30 - Early finish on Fridays.
Detailed Job Description:
If you are someone that has excellent communication and customer service skills, we have the perfect role for you!
Our Client is a successful Mail & Print business who has over 20 year's experience would like you to join their growing business working within their IT department as an IT apprentice.
As a Infrastructure Technician your main roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Maintain server room environmental and monitoring equipment
The company require a bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individual with a genuine desire to learn and build a career in the IT sector. You will have a friendly personality, be able to work as part of a team and provide excellent customer service.
?? You must have at least a C grade for Maths & English at GCSE
?? A GCSE, BTEC or A/S Level in Business Admin or Business Studies would be beneficial
?? Experience within a customer service, administration or sales role is preferred but not essential