QA/Test Engineer - GBP25k-GBP30k + Benefits - Stafford, Staffordshire
We are seeking a computer science graduate with experience in Java and Selenium to become our QA/Test Engineer and spearhead the full automation of our application testing in a continuous integration environment. You will initially spend at least half your time writing use cases, testing new features and regression testing - as well as managing the resolution and verification of defects.
You must be obsessed with perfection and be able to demonstrate the tools and techniques you have learnt to achieve success. Experience of web and mobile applications is essential, and familiarity with Alexa skills would be an advantage. This is truly an exciting time to join a vibrant, growing and dynamic company and develop your career!
The key responsibilities of a QA/Test Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Setting up, running and enhancing the automation suite, developing and maintaining automated test cases on various platforms (Web, Android and iOS).
- Testing new features or running an automated regression in order to lead your work and deliver the most stable and bug free product
- Providing reports on test progress, test results, and other relevant information
- Logging defects into bug tracking system and providing necessary defect reports
- Running the tests under continuous integration server (Travis/Jenkins)
- Ensuring testing activities validate the product meets business requirements and product goals, fulfils end-user requirements
- Preparing test scenarios in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business/technical priorities
- Recording the output of testing, logging defects in an accurate manner and with sufficient clarity, managing them throughout the defect life cycle
- Supporting with manual testing tasks when required
Spendology is disrupting the UK's GBP45bn retail foreign exchange industry with a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution for mail order travel cash. Spendology Cloud is used by the travel, personal finance and international payments industries to provide deliverable foreign exchange to their customers through a white label website, app and smart speaker skill. The fully compliant and completely outsourced solution includes the platform, distribution and customer support - allowing their clients to focus exclusively on marketing the service.
The key skills and qualities of a QA/Test Engineer:
- BSc Honours in a Computer Science related degree
- 2 years' working with Java and Selenium, and 1 year working with Appium or equivalent
- Effective planning, organisation and time management skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong troubleshooting skills combined with the ability to break down complex issues and provide creative solutions
- Ability to set application configurations and create test data sets
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.