Marks Sattin are currently partnering with a leading corporate business in Rugby who have a requirement for an assured Qualified Finance Manager / Finance Business Partner. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a growing business that is focussed on quality engagement and long-term relationships.
As Finance Manager you will be driving effective planning, management reporting and profit improvement with non-financial stakeholders across the business; coach and develop our finance team to provide effective business partnering.
- Building strong relationships with the director and senior management of the business unit to assist with conversion of high level business plans to detailed operational and commercial solutions.
- Ensuring plans are subject to sufficient challenge to ensure they are robust and actionable.
- Producing periodic performance reports for each business unit with detailed commentary on variances and actions required.
- Financially appraise investments and changes to operational procedures. Track and review the results of investments to assess value for money.
- Set targets for operational and financial improvement and monitor against these targets
- Identifying and tracking of risks/ opportunities vs plan.
- Lead, direct and support the team
- Help develop the financial awareness of the operational and commercial management teams, and assist with the development of the current MI, KPI and flash reporting.
- Educated to degree standard and holding a full professional accounting qualification.
- Experience of supporting, challenging and influencing at a senior level in a fast-paced environment.
- Very numerate and analytical, with commercial acumen to evaluate business plans.
- Understanding of budgetary control, profit & loss accounts and financial reporting.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word etc.
- Excellent communicator and strong inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working with operational non-finance managers.