Indirect Category Manager - what we expect
As Indirect Category Manager you will be responsible to develop and implement Indirect category strategies and management plans which minimise the total cost of ownership for the category and deliver a focused reduction in cost base, whilst ensuring effective supplier management and continuous improvement across the category.
The Category Manager will also be responsible for driving compliance to and continuous implementation of procurement processes to deliver consistent governance and the mitigation of risk for the business.
The Category Manager will work effectively to support the Head of Procurement in the creation and development of the Indirect departmental vision and strategy.
The Category Manager will be required to undertake extensive internal stakeholder engagement across multiple departments to drive the implementation of category management plans and the departmental strategy.
- Supports the Head of Indirect Procurement in the creation and development of the Indirect departmental vision and strategy to meet business requirements.
- Develops and implements Indirect category strategies and management plans.
- Actively manages their area of responsibility by using initiative to control, manage and continually improve
- Liaises with relevant organisational stakeholders and subject matter experts to reach optimal outcomes in the category management process.
- Reports significant market changes to the Head of Indirect procurement with any recommendations for action.
- Analysis and interpretation of spend data to support category planning and sourcing strategy development.
- Delivers savings in line with category management strategy plans and against agreed targets
- Provides expert knowledge of the supply markets relating to category and through this brings insight and new/innovative approaches or ways of working to optimise the delivery of the category.
- Prepare procurement recommendations with consideration given to value creation, risk mitigation and governance while taking into account market, legal and commercial considerations.
- Run tenders and negotiations to optimise all contracts/terms and conditions with external parties
- Drive ongoing supplier relationship management plans for all key contracts, ensuring contracted service continues to meet business requirements and contracts are reflective of the service delivered and are in line with agreed KPI's.
- Form a key part of the project team to manage the implementation of new suppliers into the category alongside stakeholders and project managers.
- Monitors business compliance with approved category suppliers and established framework agreements identifying areas of off-contract purchasing.
- Encourages, trains, motivates and develops staff in his/her area of responsibility so they reach their full potential.
- 5-10 years indirect procurement
- Experience in managing large categories and spend
- Experience in managing volume suppliers
- Fleet and/or Logistics category experience, desirable
How we reward:
Your career with Euro Car Parts is only limited by your ambition and will to succeed.
For exceeding expectations in this fiercely competitive market we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- Genuine career progression
- Holiday discounts with cashback
- Up to 40% discount for tickets to major family attractions and cinemas
- Up to 20% discount for various high street retailers
- Plus amazing deals and discounts for 3,000 gyms in the UK
Euro Car Parts Ltd is the largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with more than 12,000 employees and 350 branches nationwide, and one of the UK's biggest entrepreneurial success stories of recent times.
Founded in 1978 by Sukhpal Singh Ahluwalia, Euro Car Parts is now part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe. We supply essential aftermarket components and consumables for cars and LCV's. Each day, around 4,000 Euro Car Parts vans and bikes complete more than 82,000 customer deliveries to independent and franchised garages, body shops and fleet service centres across the UK and Ireland.
Euro Car Parts has grown to be much more than just a car parts company; we are now far greater than that. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset because they make the difference between good and great.