Part-time School DT / Science Technician
Part-time School DT / Science Technician. Competitive rates of pay.
Your new school
This Hays partnership school is a mixed, 11 - 18, mainstream secondary school located in Brecon. The school has five hundred pupils and is situated in an affluent, rural location. The school has been established for over sixty years and is based in impressive grounds with great facilities. The school needs very little in terms of behaviour management and is very well lead by Senior Leadership with most staff being there for over 15 years. They are now recruiting for a DT / Science Technician available for 2/3 days a week from September 2019.
Your new role
As the School DT Technician, you will ensure the smooth running of the Design & Technology department:
- Prepare materials prior to lessons
- Ensure hand tools are kept in optimum condition and stored correctly
- Regularly maintain the equipment and tools in the workshop and classroom areas
- To assist Technology staff in developing appropriate resources for teaching and learning
- Stock-taking and ordering of materials, ingredients and equipment
- To provide support for the teacher during practical lessons
- To assist teaching staff in promoting and raising the profile of D&T within and outside School.
What you'll need to succeed
- EWC Registered or be willing to register
- Practical/hands-on experience with resistant materials (woodwork, metalwork etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the safe use of tools/equipment found in a school technology workshop
- Experience working with children e.g. in a school or college.
- Ability to show initiative and to prioritise one's own work and that of others
- Ability to support pupils in the safe use of DT equipment
- Self-motivating with the ability to multi task
- Confident in the use of ICT
- Excellent organisational skills to manage the school DT resources
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to work with a fantastic school. There may be an opportunity for a permanent post after an initial probationary period.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.