Procurement Manager Mat contract
Our established client is looking to recruit for an experienced Procurement Manager to cover a 12 month Maternity contract who will be responsible for designing, implementing and improving a sourcing strategy.
The role will be responsible for key strategic supplier selection and contract negotiations relating to a defined category area.
- To deliver the procurement category strategy including sourcing activities which generate benefits and achieve financial savings targets through insight and analysis of category and subcategories areas.
- Establish and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and
Implementation of the procurement category strategy and agree category strategies with the Group Head of Procurement and other internal key stakeholders
- Negotiate and manage contractual agreements with suppliers.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and ongoing negotiations.
- Conducts supplier segmentation and develops, maintains and communicates a preferred supplier and approved list for their agreed categories.
- Maintains an effective communication plan detailing stakeholder, supplier contacts, and supplier reviews, cross functional workshops.
- Preparation of pre- tender and tender documents in conjunction with key stakeholders
Experience of working in a similar role within Procurement.
CIPS desirable although company will put through for the right candidate.
Strong negotiation skills
Strong Stakeholder management.
Company offer an excellent working environment with on going development and career progression.
Company Car or Car allowance GBP3,640 per year
20 days annual leave plus Christmas shutdown (3/4 days) and bank holidays
10% on target bonus, up to a maximum 20%
Paid membership to professional bodies where relevant to role