1st/2nd Line IT Engineer
IT Support Assistant vacancy in Leicester
6-month contract - GBP10-GBP11.30 per hour (within scope of IR35)
Hays IT are working in partnership with a public-sector organisation in Leicester to recruit an IT Support Assistant on a contract basis for 6 months.
Our client is seeking an experienced IT professional that can provide first and second line technical and user support.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To resolve as many calls as possible at first response, and to log and refer as required all support calls in the call logging system, ensuring users receive a high-quality service as defined in published service levels
- To manage IT accounts for users, in line with ICT policies and procedures
- To respond to and track progress of support calls in the ITSM tool, and to keep users apprised of progress when requests for assistance cannot be resolved on first response within the defined resolution times
- To act as queue manager when required to monitor the calls list in the ITSM tool for the Support team, ensuring tickets are dealt with promptly and effectively according to the defined service levels and to assist with logging or referring calls to colleagues in ICT and other departments.
- Maintain and develop IT systems and process documentation for the services provided by the Support team
- To maintain key systems and services to ensure availability and optimal performance.
- To undertake individual and collaborative project and development work as required to enhance the provision of IT services to users across the organisation and to roll out these services
- Undertake other work as agreed with the line manager and is commensurate with this role
In order to apply, you must have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience providing 1st line customer support including telephone, email and face to face
- Windows Operating Systems 7 / 8.1 and 10
- Windows Server experience including Hyper-V
- Active Directory & Group Policy.
- Networking knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365 including account management, Skype, SharePoint, Teams, Onenote, OneDrive, Outlook
- Desktop, Laptop & Printer troubleshooting
- Experienced in resolving software and hardware related issues.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of GDPR and data security
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.