IT Technical sales apprentice
Do you have an interest in Sales and Business Development?
Want to combine the two and earn while you learn?
Monday to Friday
Detailed Job Description:
As a Technical Sales Apprentice your main role and responsibilities will include:
• Developing new business via telephone and mass communication, such as email and social media to introduce the company's solutions and services and to identify appropriate prospects within the target market.
• Improving sales through providing great customer service.
• Work with marketing to follow up on mailshots and promotions.
• Attending trade shows.
• Log/direct calls to the relevant departments.
• Understand the products and knowing where to source products.
• Obtaining prices and generating quotes.
• Log technical queries on the in-house system.
• Following up on quotations to ensure they have been received.
• Following up on leads and conducting research to identify potential prospects.
• Building and cultivating prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications, in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel.
• Conducting a needs analysis and determining prospects' pain points to determine how the company's solutions can meet their needs.
• Identifying key buying influencers within these prospect companies to determine budget and timeline.
• Working with the Director and other Sales & Marketing team members to develop and grow the sales pipeline, in order to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. Giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT sector.
• You will be highly organised, have excellent communication skills and a brilliant telephone manner.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn.
• An interest in sales and technology is mandatory.
• An Excellent telephone manner.
• You will have a desire to impress colleagues and customers.
• You will use initiative to deliver impressive results.
• You will show flexibility, team spirit and adaptability.
• You will be willing to work hard and eager to learn/develop technical skills.