Learning Support Assistant
Are you calm, patient and work well with young adults?
Do you want to make a difference within a student’s learning journey?
Do you have experience of supporting or delivering functional skills?
Huxton Resourcing are an Award-Winning Recruitment company and are currently recruiting for experienced and committed full time Learning Support Assistants who are interested in a role supporting vulnerable young people within their Education.
The position will require supporting young individuals, 16-25 years old, with Special Educational Needs, Learning Disabilities, Challenging Behaviour and/or Mental Health difficulties.
- Supporting young adults through their time tables, providing support 1:1
- Supporting in and around the campus, to and from lessons and during breaks
- Supporting with curriculum needs, dependant on individual time tables both practical and theory
- Supporting with personal care (if required)
- Promoting independence
- Previous Learning Support Assistant, Learning Support experience working with children or young adults with SEN needs
- Have an understanding of learning difficulties, challenging behaviour, mental health and how these can affect an individual’s education and day-to-day additional needs
- Committed, consistent, reliable and a positive attitude
Job Type: Full-time timetables, during term time only
Monday – Friday, between the hours of 08.45am – 16:00pm
Start: September 2019, for the full academic year - interviews being held now ready for September start.
Apply today to secure you role for the new academic year.
Please send your CV at email@example.com or call Huxton Resourcing 01902513030