Job Description - Church Administrator
We are looking for an experienced and skilled administrator to come and join Shrewsbury URC on a flexible, part-time basis to support our fellowship. The purpose of the role is to supervise and facilitate the day-to-day administrative operations of the church in close co-operation with the Elders, Minister, and Officers of the church.
As a faith-based organization and place of Christian worship, our beliefs are foundational to everything we do. The post-holder will be expected to be sympathetic and supportive of the spiritual life of the church and work actively to support our ministry and vision.
This post is key in enabling future growth in the activities, outreach and ministry at Shrewsbury URC. In line with our vision, ‘Showing everyone they matter to God’ as well as providing effective administration within the church, the post-holder will be expected to be a key face and voice of the church to the wider community, better enabling us to serve our community
This position requires a degree of professionalism and the ability to work in an ever changing environment, where multi-tasking, sound decision making, self-motivation and discretion are essential. Equally the post-holder will need confidence and proven organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Specific Tasks to include;
- storing digital minutes and minute taking
- maintaining correct GDPR procedures.
- creating and maintaining the Risk Assessment record for all church groups.
- co-ordinating personnel, publicity and programmes for special services
- maintaining and updating church notice boards
- ensuring relevant copyright/licences are maintained and annual returns completed.
- archiving all internal church documents as required by law
- doing all other things deemed necessary by agreement
- The successful applicant will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Experience, or a willingness to learn, about wider church issues such as licences, risk assessments and GDPR is desirable.
- An ability to work alone and within a team of volunteers is essential.
- An appreciation of the United Reformed Church structures would be desirable.
Location and Hours
The role will be based in the church office of Shrewsbury URC, Coleham Head, Shrewsbury.
The role is scoped for 25 hours a month, averaging 6 hours per week at times to be agreed upon appointment. Some flexibility of hours may be required for the post-holder to attend occasional evening or weekend meetings. This post is for a fixed term of two years.