Assistant Merchandiser 12 Month Maternity Cover
I'm working with a hugely successful FMCG organisation based in Nuneaton in their search for an Assistant Merchandiser to cover maternity cover 12 months paying GBP30,000.
To support the Merchandiser/Junior Merchandiser in the trading and planning of the department and in the execution of all merchandising team activities. To manage stock flow in line with the departmental plan to maximise sales and profit, and minimise unplanned markdown spend. To always put the customer first when understanding the implications of problems and determining the solutions.
- Prepare relevant analysis as required by the Merchandiser
- Present headlines in trade on a weekly basis, delivering key messages effectively
- Own and present to Senior Managers/Directors range reviews and selection meetings for allocated categories
- Take an end to end approach of ownership to allocated categories
- Assist the merchandiser in implementing all aspects of the departmental strategy to deliver sales and profit KPI's
- Understanding and using a merchandising WSSI in the management of intake and the stock position
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of commitment in order to provide stock intake and output forecasts
- Raise PO's once approved by the Merchandiser/ HOM, within OTB and stock budget constraints.
- Identify and action markdown requirements for the department with guidance from the Merchandiser in the effective management of overstocks
- Monitor and update item line cards and recommend actions to the Merchandiser to maximise sales opportunities and minimise stock outs and back orders
- Daily contact with the China office to ensure effective working relationship in resolving any issues
- Work closely with buying and QC in progress meetings to ensure adherence of critical path.
- Work with the buying and marketing team to review weekly trading performance on KPI's and to identify any issues and opportunities to respond to weekly trading conditions.
- Work with the Merchandiser and the marketing team to ensure availability of items promoted on the website.
- Oversee timely delivery of stock into the warehouse, to maximise availability in line with agreed KPI's and timelines.
- Recommend rebuys and cancellations for sign off
- Work with key suppliers producing production plans to help phase intake and