Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer (Special Purpose Machinery/ Manufacturing)
Monday to Friday
Competitive Salary + Health Benefits + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Mechanical Design Engineer required for an established manufacturer of special purpose machinery. This is a great opportunity to get involved in a varied role where you will be involved in designs from concept.
The successful candidate will be an experienced design engineer with experience designing mechanical mechanisms and/or machines for manufacture using ANY 3D design package. The company use AutoCAD Inventor so any experience of this will be highly beneficial but not essential.
Your role will be varied day to day as you will be involved in a number of projects including complete machine design, remodification to existing specification and special parts design. You will help to create BOMs and work alongside production to ensure parts lists are accurate. With this role there is the opportunity for you to also get involved with Technical Writing by creating supplementary technical machine documentation so any previous experience of this will be advantageous.
The company are well established in their industry and supply to a number of key suppliers in the UK and Europe.
The Role in brief:
* Complete machine design and remodification of packaging machinery.
* Drafting high quality 2D and 3D drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor.
* Liaising with suppliers and creating BOMs.
* Writing supplementary machine documentation.
The Mechanical Design Engineer:
* Comes from a strong mechanical engineering background.
* Experience of ANY 3D CAD package.
* Previous experience designing SPM/ Mechanisms/ Mechanical Machinery.
* Confident Communicator.