JOB TITLE: Purchasing Manager
COMPANY: Apollo Chemicals Ltd
SALARY: GBP46,000 (GBP60,000 OTE)
Apollo is the UK's largest privately-owned liquid adhesive, sealant, coating & primer manufacturer. We supply high-performance products worldwide across a range of industrial, construction, roofing and end-user markets. Supply is direct and via distributors, under the Apollo and private-label brands.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced, pro-active Purchasing Manager to join Apollo. As the leader of the purchasing team, you will directly contribute to Apollo's growth and success by leading your team in making creative and considered purchasing decisions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Leading Apollo's purchasing team in making intelligent and proactive buying decisions that will positively contribute towards the company's ambitious growth plans.
- Generating innovative ideas, both as brand-new initiatives and also updating existing processes to effectively achieve business goals.
- Cultivating supplier relationships and always striving for: quality, cost-effectiveness and the best possible service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Proactively reduce or mitigate purchasing costs whilst maintaining the best possible quality.
- Review all payment terms to ensure that the best possible outcome has been agreed in line with the company commercial targets.
- Ensure that the production and customer demands are understood and adhered to, including the creation of a review platform to forecast purchasing activities in line with the 5 year sales plan.
- Utilise insights and data to effectively control the inventory expenditure levels in line with production, sales and commercial activities.
- Oversee the management of the sourcing and purchasing activities for all externally sourced raw materials, packaging, consumables, equipment and services.
- Proactively manage the supplier relationships, communications and meeting structures, including reviewing the delivery performance of suppliers and conducting (as required) site visits to ensure supplier self-certification and risk assessment processes adhere to Apollo's quality standards.
- To oversee the management of the Navision product code creation process.
- To effectively manage all inventory to ensure that the production and customer demands are adhered to.
- To create a monthly purchasing report and review with the Supply Chain Manager.
- To deputise in the absence of the area manager.
- To proactively represent the department during the New Product Introduction process.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a 'growth mind-set'; you will be constantly looking for ways to drive improvement and thinking of new solutions. Alongside this, you will also have the ability to make intelligent and commercially sound decisions in order to source the highest quality products at the best prices, with the best delivery and service options.
Building and maintaining relationships is also a key part of the role, so you should have experience of building and developing relationships with suppliers, distributors, manufacturers and service providers (sourced from within the EU & globally). A working knowledge of supply chain management and experience with production-based purchasing is required, as an appreciation for how the wider supply chain and production can impact on delivery types, packaging, etc. is critical.
As you will be leading a team, you should have direct line management experience and an understanding of how to get the best out of those you manage.
Experience in either the Chemical industry or Food Manufacturing.
Business Studies/ ILM
Supply Chain Management
GBP46,000 (GBP60,000 OTE)
All applications will be processed through Discovery, the retained managing consultants. Due to high volumes of applications, only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews.