Examinations Officer/ Cover Supervisor
Examinations Officer/ Cover supervisor
£18,000 - £21,000 (depending on experience)
37.5 hours per week (term time only)
8.00 am – 4.00 pm Monday to Friday (There is the expectation that extra hours will be worked during the main exam period and so some flexibility will be required)
Purpose of the Post:
Exams: To administer and organise all aspects of external and internal exams and to work with the Senior Assistant Principal to ensure prompt and accurate submission of results data. Supervise internal and external examinations as appropriate.
Cover: To administer cover and supervise students in the absence of teachers so that the learning of students can continue.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the administration and organisation of both public and internal examinations for the school and for the management and maintenance of associated school data
- Liaise with CLs in finalising student entries, ensuring timely return of disseminated paperwork.
- Responsible for the submission of examination registrations, entries, forecast grades and coursework marks for external exams to the Awarding Bodies for all public exams.
- Arrange for all internal and external examinations, including rooming, timetabling, deployment & management of invigilators and dissemination of information to staff, students and parents within JCQ guidelines and school policy, liaising with other staff as necessary.
- Remedy any exam clashes and make appropriate provisions for students within JCQ guidelines.
- Receive, check, sort and secure external examination papers as they arrive and be responsible for examination stationery in line with JCQ regulations.
- Check, pack and arrange the despatch of all external examination papers by relevant authorised means.
- Ensure exams are conducted to the standards required by the JCQ.
- Be responsible for the daily running of public examinations including seating plans, candidate numbers and also organising all requirement of any practical exams.
- Inform the relevant staff about arrangements that need to be made for furniture set up in the main hall, the gyms and/or other examination rooms.
- Brief students on examination systems, procedures, and conduct
- To produce guidelines for staff and students, including exam session conduct guidelines to all students and staff.
- To collate and distribute statements of entry to students and exam timetable.
- Collaborate with the Learning Support Department in making appropriate access arrangements for students with special educational needs; ensuring provision for students with access arrangements and special consideration requests are implemented.
- Monitor exam attendance and take appropriate action in liaison with pastoral support / Heads of Schools.
- Arrange re-marks, reports and enquiries about exam results with the examination board; to manage access to script requests and to ensure information on all these services is available to staff and students.
- Provide relevant statistics on examination entry and examination results to the Senior Leadership Group (especially on the day of restricted release of results) and to other colleagues as required.
- To ensure there is a full complement of trained exam invigilators and to manage the work of other staff who are deployed during the exam season.
- To ensure release of exam results, deal with queries and requests for re-marks
- To manage the distribution of exam certificates.
- To analyse and provide exam data as required.
- To liaise with the Finance Department as required.
- Administer Cover supervision and ensure all teacher absences are covered effectively.
- Take all calls from teachers who are reporting absence. This will need to be from 7.00am.
- Administer cover requirements
- Supervise classes when teachers are absent so that students complete the work set in a supportive environment.
- Registering classes informing class of work set Actively supervising the work of students.
- Distributing resources if appropriate.
- Collecting completed work and return to appropriate staff.
- Invigilate internal and external examinations.
- Adhere to school policies and procedures so that students’ learning is supported.
- Follow school behaviour policy and ensure students follow the code of conduct
- Having high expectations of all students
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislation
- Support enrichment activities after school including cover for absent teachers.
- Carry out administrative/supportive tasks when not being used for cover to support teachers, specific departments, and the work of the school generally
- Display work
- Collating material
- Helping classroom teachers with administrative tasks
- Helping the office staff with administrative tasks
- Invigilating students in exams
- Helping with fire drills
- Contributing to Enrichment
- Work as part of a professional team in a manner that enhances the ethos of the school
- Promoting positively the Sikh ethos of the school.
- Suggesting ways of improving systems and procedures
- Seeking help and take advice
- Seeking opportunities for development
To apply for this position please contact Sharon Nicholson, Office Manager & PA to Mrs Anita Kaur Notta (Principal),
The Khalsa Academy Wolverhampton, Millfields Road, Wolverhampton, WV4 6JP