5 days left
- Contract Type
Buyer | Manufacturing
Full-time job opportunity in Birmingham
Are you looking for a great place to work, where you can develop your skills with a company investing heavily in their business, early finish on a Friday and a friendly and dynamic environment.
- You are a qualified MCIPS professional with supply chain experience
- You have aerospace industry background with programme management experience
- You possess strong negotiating skills with contractual terms & contract management
- You manage supplier performance using SMART metrics
- You have demonstrable cost reduction experience gained within aerospace procurement
- You are confident in face to face meetings with the ability to deliver concise and articulate information
- You ensure documentation and purchasing records are correct and in line with regulatory requirements
Location: Birmingham, commutable from Coventry, Warwick, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton
Salary: GBP30,000 to 36,500 plus benefits
Day to day duties and skills required include identifying and implementing best practice within procurement, evaluation of total cost or acquisition, manage supplier performance, ensure supply chain has sufficient capacity & resource, attend meetings, maintain close working relationships with business development & engineering, NPDI buying, provide effective programme management of key supply chain activities, cost reduction of aerospace procurement, strong negotiating skills, strong stakeholder management with the ability to influence at all levels, experience in managing concurrent engineering, proven track record of delivery results, understanding how supply chain integrates with the whole value stream.
Keywords: NPDI, supply chain, QCD, SMART metrics, aerospace, aviation, manufacturing, procurement, MCIPS, negotiation, negotiating, regulatory, programme management, engineering, cost reduction, stakeholder management, value stream, continuous improvement, supply chain risk, diary meetings, compliance, buyer, buying, procure, governance, concurrent engineering