Purpose of Role
Primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial transactions entered into between client and Insurers, and for the settlement of amounts due to policyholders. In conjunction with the other members of the Insurance Accounts team, responsible for ensuring the integrity of all financial transactions entered into.
The successful candidate will be joining a high performing and growing team representing a significant proportion of group revenue and EBITDA.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
Insurer reconciliations and bordereaux
- Carry out reconciliations of monthly bordereaux received from MI function.
- Prepare and issue monthly bordereaux for Insurers as required ensuring that the amounts to be paid for each insurance transaction agrees with the policy transaction.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the Insurer ledger by carrying out regular reviews to ensure that items due but not yet paid are valid insurance transactions with the Insurer.
- In conjunction with the Accounts team, carry our reviews of the cash book as required to ensure the integrity of financial transactions recorded.
- Provide information to the Banking team of reconciled amounts due to be paid.
- Co-ordinate with the Banking team as required to ensure that all transactions received or paid into the IBA account of RCIB is allocated to the correct Insurer or Policyholder ledger.
Person Specification / Key Skills
- Excellent numeracy skills and ability to work with large amounts of financial and operational data
- Problem-solving skills and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature
- Excellent IT skills
- Experienced user of Excel (able to perform Pivot table and VLookups)
- Proven track record of delivering results to a deadline
- Ability to work within a wider project and finance team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate, including advanced excel skills
- Organised and methodical approach
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong worth ethic
- Experience of working in the insurance industry would be an advantage but not a requirement
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy