Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager | Cheshire | GBP45,000-GBP60,000 | Retail
This is a newly created Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role within a leading national retail brand. The business is performing well due to pro-active decisions made over the last 12 months coupled with agile decision making. The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager role has been created to capitalise on current and future markets, the role will be fundamental in ensuring that finance partners across all functions within the business, adding value wherever possible.
About the role
This is a key appointment within the business, with a high profile across most functions, acting as the lead for all decision support, planning and analysis. The successful candidate will manage and develop a team of 3 analysts, working together to provide excellent commercial strategic reporting, identify trends and profit generative opportunities. The role will report directly to the Finance Director and so will be expected to operate autonomously and pro-actively with little need for direction, a great opportunity to shape a new role.
- Create and refine the vision of FP&A within the business
- Lead, develop and potentially grow the FP&A team
- Create and maintain relationships across key functions
- Take time to understand what is needed from stakeholders as a key business partner
- Manage production, maintenance and update of weekly trading pack
- Analysis of sales, margin, stock, providing insight on weekly, monthly and periodic trading performance
- Provision of timely, accurate and excellent reporting for the production of budgets and forecasts
- Provision of ad-hoc analysis and reporting to aid decision making
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified
- Demonstrable experience working in a commercial, FP&A or business partnering finance role
- Excellent computer literacy including advanced excel ability
- Experience gained within a retail/consumer/distribution focussed business
- BI experience would be advantageous
- Analytical mindset and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to lead the FP&A team
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
GBP45,000-GBP60,000 plus 25 days holiday, pension, healthcare and other fringe benefits.