Project Manager Agile
1 day left
- Contract Type
We're looking for an Agile Project Manager who has experience of being a scrum master and project manager so they can be adapted/combined to successfully deliver end to end projects through our agile persistent teams. A strong agile mind-set balanced with pragmatism is essential to ensure we deliver the desired outcomes and benefits, anticipating points of resistance and developing strategies to alleviate these as required.
Reporting to and working closely with a Portfolio Manager you will work with your team to plan and deliver business outcomes by identifying and agreeing epics, user stories and backlog items based on the prioritisation set by your product owners. Costs, progress and scope will be pro-actively monitored against budget and plan, applying your knowledge, experience and lessons learned to identify and mitigate potential risks and issues where appropriate.
As we continue to develop our agile journey and capabilities you will be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the value broader adoption of Agile can bring to individuals and CBS. You will help create and maintain the right mind-set and culture to embed continuous improvement.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate
- Expertise in the management of change, with evidence of the ability to work within a waterfall and agile delivery framework, i.e. Scrum, Kanban and/or other Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of the software delivery lifecycle to support agile delivery
- A team player with demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment, ensuring there is a sense of one team.
- Strong servant leadership skills, ensuring delivery against commitments is achieved working collaboratively to address any challenges or blockers.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Outstanding communication skills at all levels of the business, with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach feature teams in self-organisation and cross-functionality
- Help feature teams make the most of the Lean and Agile mind-sets
- Support the efficient flow of work through teams by helping them remove obstacles and make improvements
- Embed Lean and Agile thinking as the norm and helping to foster a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience of agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence
A recognised certification i.e. Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach etc. would be desireable.
These are exciting times for the Change team at Coventry Building Society, as we balance the continued smooth implementation of regulatory change and business enhancements with a huge investment in IT and Business Process transformation. As we progress on a journey that will shape the future of the organisation we are seeking talented individuals, who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in a Best Companies (top 100) organisation with a strong ethical orientation. You will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
Coventry Building Society (CBS) is the UK's second largest building society and has grown steadily over the previous 10 years. It has a reputation for Putting Members First, with consistently strong customer feedback and industry low numbers of complaints. It is financially strong, with high levels of capital and liquidity.