Are you an experienced Buyer looking for an opportunity to join an impressively growing worldwide leader? This is your chance to join an exciting global firm who work on an interesting variety of projects in multiple sectors within the high precision manufacturing industry.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Buyer with an enthusiasm for the whole purchasing spectrum.
Working as part of a team you will be responsible for coordinating the daily planning of sourcing and procurement activities in support of current and new product development.
Key duties of the role:
- Evaluate supplier quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers.
- Handle procurement of new material requirements from existing and potentially new suppliers.
- Plan, buys and monitor raw materials to support engineering projects and secure pipeline to support production at product release.
- Ensure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly communicated to the supplier and resolved in a timely manner or escalated as per standard procedures.
- Manage communication of any order revisions to external suppliers, providing change information and revised drawings as necessary.
- Monitor supplier order acknowledgements and ensures that internal systems status is maintained accordingly.
- Manage overdue PO KPI's, stock outs due to Procurement, hours downtime due to Procurement, supplier returns (Quality), Procurement cycle time.
- Maintain the data integrity of purchase orders and reconcile discrepancies between purchase order receipts and Accounts Payable.
- Represent the supply chain on cross functional new product development teams through all phases of the Product Development Process (PDP).
- Drive cost reduction activities in procurement
- Monitor supplier order acknowledgements and ensures that status is maintained accordingly in current ERP system
- Monitor and manage Material at Subcon progress details
The ideal candidate must have a solid background within purchasing of at least 3-5 years, Possess good Excel skills, have knowledge of ERP systems and have excellent negotiation skills. Manufacturing experience is a must.
Purchasing within the engineering field is desirable.
The company provides a generous package that includes 33 days' holiday, pension, shares, annual attendance bonus, sick pay, life assurance.