Commodity Manager - Commodity Manager
Competitive Salary Company Pension + 23 Days Holiday rising to 27 after 5 years and Birthday off as extra Holiday + cycle to Work Scheme + Gym Membership + Benefits
Monday to Friday 39 Hour week
Commodity Manager required for a leading manufacturing company who can offer an excellent role with a varied and interesting day to day, where you will play a key role in cost reduction and improvement.
The Commodity Manager role will suit candidates from any purchasing focussed background, with manufacturing experience. You will need to be confident liaising and negotiating with domestic and international manufacturing/distribution companies. You will also liaise with other contacts within the group to ensure that their overall aim is in line with the sites specific requirements. There will be some travel required for the role with most of that being in the UK and Europe with roughly two visits to Asia a year.
The Commodity Manager Role will involve negotiating contracts, risk management, regionalisation, procurement strategy and new supplier selection with the overall focus of cost reduction. You will liaise directly with manufacturing and distribution companies to ensure the most efficient and effective process of sourcing components is being made. You will need to make sure that contacts within the group are aware of the relevant statistics and requirements, so that their negotiations with group suppliers are in accordance with your site's needs.
* Negotiating contracts with suppliers, risk management, regionalisation, procurement strategy
* Liaising directly with manufacturing/distribution companies domestically and overseas
* From any Purchasing focussed background, with experience in manufacturing
* Confident negotiating with international manufacturing companies
* Comfortable with some travel, some of which will be overseas as far as Asia