IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Salary - GBP29,000
Location - Birmingham City Centre
My client, a very reputable and well-known city centre law firm, are currently recruiting a Support Engineer to work alongside the Systems and Infrastructure team on the delivery of projects, supporting internal users across the organisation and maintenance of servers.
* To work with the Systems Team on the maintenance of the ICT infrastructure including network, servers, Active Directory/ Group policy, storage, virtual environment and software applications;
* To provide 3rd line support to the help-desk team;
* Resolution of system and infrastructure incidents, requests and changes with appropriate discussion and/or escalation to the Systems Administrator;
* Monitor, manage, resolve and if required escalate system and infrastructure alerts;
* To perform testing of updates and patches prior to applying in production environment in accordance with systems team processes;
* Assist in the upgrading of hardware and software throughout Anthony Collins Solicitors as necessary;
* Provide support to all users, when necessary, by phone, email and face-to-face, using your knowledge and initiative to solve issues, in response to escalated Support Requests (but not excluding occasional first response) or to escalate further within the IT department;
* To keep abreast of current and emerging technologies and to be able to successfully transfer knowledge and impart information to other team members and colleagues;
* To perform controlled out of hours preventative maintenance and development as planned as well as provide reactive support for IT issues relating to business-critical systems should they arise;
Strong candidates will:
* Be technically proficient, with proven experience and/or suitable technical qualifications specifically related to VMware vSphere 6 and above, Windows Server 2008R2 to 2019, Windows 10, Microsoft Server Services (Exchange, SQL, etc.), SAN technology, Networking and Internet working technology;
* Have experience with scripting technologies (e.g. batch, Powershell, VBScript and Bash);
* Be approachable and professional working attitude due to the nature of those being supported (both internally and externally of ACS);
* Be an effective communicator being able to clearly express technical information to the business;
* Have an active interest both personally and professionally in development of skills and knowledge in an ever changing IT world;
* Be flexible to occasionally work outside of core business, including some weekends, to ensure projects are achieved;
* No previous experience of the legal sector is necessary.
If you wish to apply or hear more about the role then please give Riley Hindson a call on .
Please contact Riley Hindson, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.
Please see our website for more Legal IT positions.