Materials Planning & Logistics Manager
Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
Do you have a background of strategically controlling, coordinating and planning materials into production? Are you experienced in working in a fast-paced manufacturing / production environment?
If so our client, an industry leading manufacturer which offer an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture are looking for a Materials Planning and Logistics Manager to join them on a permanent basis in Coventry.
As Materials Planning and Logistics Manger you will play a key role in leading the expediting and planning team to ensure the right material arrives at the point of fit at the right time, introduce measures and controls to reduce inventory levels and ensure no obsolete stock when introducing engineering changes. You will also lead a dedicated, motivated and successful team which offers a dynamic working environment supporting major projects both internally and externally.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement production build plan which supports annual sales plan.
- Ensure that machines are launched into build on a daily basis in support of customer sold machines, endeavouring where possible to hold build plan firm
- Liaise between Sales & Marketing (Sales Admin) and manufacturing about all aspects that influence the build plan with focus on the customer.
- Develop and implement inventory improvement policies which support RFT.
- Expedite material to support build plan, using line load/schedule/spreadsheets etc.
- Review build situation on weekly basis, adjusting and communicating changes as necessary.
- Develop and implement KPI's
- Be point of escalation for all Expeditors
- Present Daily risks at Tier 2 Meetings
- Support Supplier development visits and OTIF Targets
- Minimum of HND of equivalent
- Extensive and proven experience in a Material control role
- Project management skills
- Demonstrable experience of Lean manufacturing processes, tools and techniques.
- Understanding of modern material control processes
- Knowledge of Oracle based management system preferred but not essential as training will be given
- Be able to take responsibility for resolution of issues
- Possess good analytical stills and have the ability to think creatively
- Be able to work under pressure and to time constraints, and use own initiative to solve problems
- Possess a full clean driving licence