Business Development Director
Our award-winning client are seeking a Business Development Director on a permanent basis.
This position is 100% remote (working from home) - you will be required to be in the office (in Norfolk) for the first 1-2 weeks to be trained on systems/product.
This is an exciting new opportunity to support the continued growth of SQN. We are looking to create a new Business Development function within our organisation and are seeking an experienced Senior Business Development Director who can build and grow a new team around them. You must be a self-starting, enthusiastic individual who wishes to make a real impact in our growing organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and expansion of new business opportunities with existing and established clients and new clients by providing leadership for overall business planning. You will identify and develop new business leads and liaise with our Proposal and Contracts administration team in managing the sales process through to contract closure.
- Identify new potential clients.
- Establish and maintain contact with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and clinical CRO's to gain knowledge of drug development pipelines, promote SQN's services, and increase the number of studies for which SQN is asked to bid on.
- Prepare and present SQN's core services and capabilities to new and existing clients
- Visit prospective clients to introduce our capabilities and therapeutic experience to create new business relationships towards the achievement of targeted annual revenue goals.
- Participate in the development of plans for service promotion in support of our sales and marketing objectives.
- Generate and qualify new business opportunities.
- Work with our Proposal and Contract administration team on the creation of competitive study bid proposals and liaise with our clients throughout the bidding process.
- Continue to support and maintain the high levels of repeat business through nurturing the relationships with our existing clients and ensuring a quality service and delivery satisfaction.
Relevant Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in a business, science, or related field.
- At least 5 years' experience as a BD Director in a CRO environment with a sound knowledge of biometrics services including EDC and ePRO services.
- Thorough understanding of the clinical trial process
- Proven sales experience within a biometrics or full-service CRO, selling statistics, data management, programming and medical writing services.
- Strong presentation skills (to prepare and deliver high-quality capabilities, sales and bid defence presentations).
- Strong listening, communication and interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with proposal development, contract negotiation and closing a contract.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate the detail of project requirements.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities with attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Good computer skills, including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced CRO environment
- You must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- This role is a full-time position and can be located anywhere, UK- home based.